Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Should I look like my Headshot?

Question of the day: I was happy with my audition recently but i had a question...hope u don't mind. I tried to dress the part - even down to the red necklace character wore. My hair is long so i pulled it back and tried to look like character. Here's the question though - once i start to look more like character, i look less like me. You always say look like your headshot- that's your first promise. Which should i be doing? Look like my headshot or character?

Answer:
-it depends, I know you so in this case it would be for the character.
-if it is for a casting director you have never met probably your headshot.
-for commercial looking amazing, picture perfect.
-if it is a character piece may want to consider having your agent check with casting (ie: heroin addict, street walker, down and out mom etc).

No comments: